1. I don’t like Sex and the City. That’s right. I wanted it to be universal. I wanted to see myself in this girly, ultra feminine series about my favorite city. Instead though I couldn’t get pass how they lived in a majority minority city and rarely interacted with them and not too many people found that as part of some sick racist paradigm. Sorry not sorry.
2. I don’t eat McDonalds. Nope. That’s right. I’ve never had a Big Mac in my life. I find Burger King, KFC, and the rest of those food chains you can find in the middle of America just as disturbing as a grocery store with a fresh produce section. Not living in a food desert was always high on my priority list of where to live.
3. I used to work in the Obama Administration. Yep. One of the best things I’ve ever done was to serve my country in a historical administration. I also believe that the time I spent there was so motivating and gave me a renewed sense in the possibilities. I also secretly love Washington, DC.
4. I never get manicures. In case you can’t tell, I paint my own nails all the time. I don’t care how homemade they look, I would rather sit in my bed and watch a television show while I’m painting my own nails.
5. I don't comb my hair. Like rarely. I am not in solidarity with the Blue Ivy haters. My hair doesn't define my self growth and I am in no mood to decorate it. I refuse to comfy my hair on a daily basis and I am living a fabulous life anyway.
6. I’m an extreme extrovert. I could literally talk all day long and be around people all the time. It’s true. I’m just a people person who loves to
7. I’m a worrywart. I sit up all night and worry about peace in the Middle East. It’s true. I am a woman with a million causes. If I’m not signing a petition on adding more Black women to SNL, then I am preparing for a protest to ensure equitable funding for public charter schools.
8. I’m an amateur photographer. 99% of the pictures on this blog were taken by me. I take at least 20 pictures a day. I love to captures what I saw, how I felt, and time.
9. I love little people. I love kids! I love the way they talk, walk, and have such a naïveté about life. I’d love to spend my free time with a bunch of 6 year olds running around and getting their opinions on life.
10. I don’t drink alcohol. I’ve tasted alcohol less than 5 times in my life. I just don’t like the taste of alcohol. I had red wine in Italy once and I thought I was drinking Robitussin.